In current builds, they are mentioned at the end of the day results if 病嬌醬 alerts a person so that they call them.
In the teaser photos, it is shown that the police have a custom face model, olive skin, and dark grey eyes and hair. In the picture the gallery, they are shown to the left of 前輩 in a police uniform. YandereDev has stated on Twitter that these designs are tests at the moment.
The final designs are three men with the same exact facial structure. They all have grey eyes and short hair, but the men have grey, black, and brown hair.
It is possible to see the police in the game. When a student flees and calls the police, the player must wait twenty to forty seconds before they arrive. If the player holds out their phone, points it to the entrance, and enters cinematic camera mode, the police will spawn in front of the entrance. They will walk in place and the police investigation music plays, but the police cutscene will not appear until the player closes out of cinematic camera mode. While the police walk in place, the player cannot move or progress through the day, leaving the game frozen until it is exited out of. As of the January 1st, 2016 update, the police can no longer be seen walking by the gate.
- Main Article: 遊戲結束
There are many ways to get arrested by the police in Yandere Simulator, such as:
The police timer runs out as Yandere-chan is murdering someone: Yandere-chan will get arrested on the spot and the trial will find her guilty.
The police timer runs out, the weapon has been disposed off, but the gloves aren't disposed off: The police cannot find a weapon or corpse, but the police can trace the gloves back to Yandere-chan, and she will be arrested.
The police timer runs out, a corpse is found, the weapon has been disposed off, but the gloves have not been disposed of: The gloves are traced back to Yandere-chan and she will be arrested.
The police timer runs out, and they only find a bloody weapon without fingerprints: The police see a murder weapon, but they do not have enough evidence to perform an arrest. They later leave.
The police timer runs out, and they find a corpse and a bloody weapon without fingerprints: They see the corpses, but they are unable to find fingerprints on the weapon. They do not have enough evidence to perform an arrest, and they leave.
The police timer runs out, Yandere-chan has no sanity, but all other evidence is disposed of: The police questions Yandere-chan and take her into custody due to her behavior. She will eventually admit everything and gets taken into custody.
The police timer runs out, the corpses are still on the floThe police timer runs out, the corpses are still on the ground, but all evidence is disposed of: The police see the corpses and question every student including Yandere-chan, but there is no evidence that the murder points to her. So, she will not be taken into custody.
or, Yandere-chan still has her bloody uniform (Not on her), but her murder weapon is disposed of: The police sees the corpses on the ground, and they find a uniform that has traces of Yandere-chan's DNA. She will be arrested.
The police timer runs out, the corpses and murder weapon have been disposed of, but Yandere-chan is covered in blood. The police cannot find any corpses or murder weapons, but see that the blood on Yandere-chan's uniforms is not her. She will be arrested.
The police timer runs out, the corpses are still on the floor, Yandere-chan still has her murder weapon, but her bloody uniform is disposed of: The police sees the corpses on the ground, and everyone is forced to give their biological report, which then they will trace the murder weapon to Yandere-chan and arrest her.
The police timer runs out, the corpses are still on the floor, Yandere-chan has low sanity, is covered in blood, and still has her weapon: Since it's very obvious who committed the crime, the police will immediately arrest Yandere-chan.
The police timer runs out, and all evidence as been destroyed: The police do not have enough evidence to perform an arrest, and they leave.
- There will never be any undercover cop students. YandereDev does not like the idea.
- There will be no more than ten policemen in an environment at a time.
- If the game includes a small town, policemen will actively patrol it.
- If there is not an open world, they will only ever appear in the end of day results sequence.
- If there is a suspected murder on Friday and the 情敵 has still not been eliminated, the rival will meet up with Senpai after the police investigation is over under a cherry tree outside the school.
- There is a rumor stated in Mysterious Tape #2 that 校長 bribes the police to keep them from investigating school deaths too much.
- In the future, it's possible that if there are over five witnesses to a murder, the police can't ignore them and Yandere-chan will be arrested. If there are under five witnesses, however, the police would refuse to take the kids' testimony as evidence.
- The policemen can never be killed, even though the player can see them in-game and Yandere-chan can kill anyone she comes across. If police officers start to die, the school would be shut down for the safety of the students.
- If Senpai is murdered, the police won't say that they found the corpse of Taro Yamada, and instead say that they found the corpse of Senpai.